Saturday, December 13, 2008

Gingerbread House and Ornaments

Here is the gingerbread house we made. My Mom bought the gingerbread house kit and the kids couldn't wait to make it. I did the icing work and then let the kids do the candy, but I wanted to help too so I did the front and they did the rest. It was lots of fun, and the candy was yummy (the gingerbread was not that good).

Jodie didn't get to help with the gingerbread house or the ornaments, but she is too cute not to include a picture of. When Mason was a baby I decided that every year at Christmas I would buy an ornament for him to color/paint, and we would write his name and the year on it. Then when he is all grown up and has a tree of his own he will have some ornaments to put on it. So when the girls came along we started their collections too. The kids love looking at the old ornaments and painting the new ones. I painted Jodie's this year.
Ryley's is pink imagine that!?!

1 comment:

gmacarolyn said...

What a cute gingerbread house! It's much better than some I've seen..............

Somehow I missed this post and didn't see it last time I visited your blog. Your kids are just the cat's pajamas. (That's an old-folks' way of saying they're cute!) Love your blog!!!