Why as mothers (or just women in general) do we feel it necessary to say we are fine even if we are not? I know that most people are just being polite when they say "how are you doing". So I almost always answer "I am great, or I am fine, or can't complain". Most days though I want to say "oh my goodness, I am losing my mind, or I wish someone would put me in a extended time out, or bring me chocolate and I will think about unlocking my self from the bathroom." People also ask "how's school going", to which I always reply "great, so much better than last year.", but some days I want to say "horrible, I hate it, or "man I wish I felt right about just putting them back into public school and calling it quits, or school, what's that?"
This week alone I texted Ryan multiple times to say I needed chocolate (he questioned it, but brought some anyway). Once in awhile I think it would be nice to just unload all my stress, and guess what?!? I can! God is there no matter what time of day always willing to listen and always ready to calm me down. The problem is I forget. I would rather complain to Ryan then take my problems to God. I mean really God has given me so much, so part of the time I feel like complaining is being ungrateful for all that I have. What I need to remember (as I am sure many do) that God never promised that life would be easy, he just promised to be there for us every step of the way. Last night I laid down on the floor from sheer exhaustion, but guess what God picked me up, we had dinner, another long night, and the next day I woke up and did it all again. I am quite certain that God is carrying me right now, because there is no way that I am this strong by myself.
Motherhood is the hardest job you will ever love, but as true as this is there are days that I don't feel like I love this job, there are days when I am mean, hard to love, and I don't like myself very much. But guess what God is still there and he is waiting for me to come back and listen to him. I am trying very hard to be better at the craziness that is homeschooling, 4 kids, a husband, a budget, and trying to move to simplify life: but WOW! Lets just say that I am going to keep turning to God and hopefully Ryan will keep bringing me chocolate :)
1 comment:
I am sure Ryan will keep up with the chocolate! Love reading your blog:)
Post a Comment