I don't like waiting. I am not a patient person when I am asked to wait. I am similar to my children who want everything to happen, right now. It bugs me when I am made to wait, and yet I find myself having to wait a lot. There is a song with the line "waiting on a woman", well in our family that line is not true. If you ask my children who we have to wait on you will hear "Daddy, he is always the last one in the car". Now sometimes that is because he is the last one to get in the shower, and other times, well lets just say he can be easily distracted :)
I also find myself having to wait while little girls have to change clothes no less that 20 times before leaving the house (which I find myself having to do too ha ha ha) or waiting while they put their shoes on wrong, or waiting for them to find their coat, or their hat, or something they feel is important to take. When we go to the store I have to wait for everyone to get their coats on, and then wait for them to figure out which door to get out of, and then wait while they look at everything or weigh each bag of fruit that we buy. I am learning to be patient with my children because while I am waiting for them, they are typically learning something. Which foot to put their shoe on, how to put things away so they can be found quickly, how to zip their coat, what the names of all the fruits and vegetables are (this is one of their favorite things to do at the store!). So waiting for the children is becoming second nature, but waiting on God, ugh, that is not second nature. As you all know we are searching and searching for property because we want to get out of our neighborhood. I know that when the time is right God will provide the right piece of property. But I don't want to wait, I feel like the spoiled child who wants to throw themselves in the floor and scream "I WANT IT NOW!" But just like that child I know that it won't do any good. I know God's timing is much more important than my impatience. So for now I must wait. But in the end I believe that God will provide, in his time, according to his plan. But wow I really do want this dream NOW :)
2 comments:
I'm an impatient person too, Stacy. I agree with you that God's timing is much better for me in the long run. Good post.
I'm impatient too. We had our house for sale last year and didn't get it sold and I was ready to move. Hopefully it will sell this time and then I will dread moving. Love your posts.
Post a Comment