Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Battle of the Cats
I won I won I won :) Okay so not really, but we passed the number 4 today and we are moving on to the number 5. So some of you may be thinking HUH!?!?! Let me explain: Recently Jodie has been doing some school work while the big kids are doing theirs. I have never pushed the issue and I always wait until she asks for her work and I allow her to put her work away when she wants to. A few weeks ago (I honestly have lost count!) we came to a page that had cats on it. Her instructions said to color 4 cats. There were two rows of cats because the first row was the example, so it had 5 cats, 4 of which were colored. She was supposed to color 4 of the 5 on the second row. However, Jodie decided she wanted to color 3 on the second row and the 1 that wasn't colored in the first row. Now I know some of you are thinking okay so what let her color 4 and be done. But I am trying really hard to get her to follow directions so while I could care less which 4 cats were colored the directions said to color 4 cats in the second row and by golly that was what she needed to do. Which is why today when she finally colored that 4th cat in the 2nd row I wanted to scream and yell HOORAY!!!!!! Crazy how coloring cats could be so important to my happiness :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That kid is going to be the death of me ... lol
Post a Comment