So I hope "crappy" doesn't offend anyone, but well it was the cleanest word I could think of. Motherhood is a job that no amount of reading, studying, or talking to others can prepare you for. It is ever changing, it is a marathon with no end, it is Mount Everest. While I love being a mother, I don't always love it. There are moments I think back on those carefree days of college and think "Wow, I wish to relive that for a day!". But the funny thing about motherhood is that I wouldn't change it for anything. It is truly the only job for me, and I do love it most of the time. However, there are moments that being a Mom is just no fun at all and I want to throw my hands in the air and scream "I QUIT!".
For example: When I give the big kids an asignment and I am met with screaming, fussing, throwing pencils/paper, and I HATE SCHOOL. All the while Jodie is in the bathroom and has peed in the floor because she has once again waited to long, and while I am cleaning up that mess Faith poops up her back and ruins another outfit. While I am changing her Ryan is calling wondering why I am not answering the phone. This now means I have to do laundry, clean the bathroom, along with the dishes, the floors, and get everyone ready to leave for some activity. By the time I am finished getting stuff cleaned up I have completely forgot that we were in the middle of school and by the time I get back to it, 3:00pm has snuck up on us and Ryan will be home in 15 minutes. The big kids are still upset about the assignment and I am ready to pull out all of my hair, and no amount of cleaning will make the house look clean unless the kids are in bed.
So now you know the truth of the Silverwood family! We may act like we have it all together, but it is just an act. We are usually fighting in the car on the way to church, or upset with each other when we pull into a parking lot. However, we get out do whatever it is we are going to do and resume the craziness when we get home. There are moments of pure bliss, but again those are always followed by moments of complete chaos. It is always loud and messy at our house, and I imagine when the kids are all grown we will look back on these days and miss them. However, right now we just want to survive :)
1 comment:
I can guarantee you will look back on these days and miss them. I loved being a stay-at-home Mom but there were days that I wanted to quit too. It will pass as they all get older and it gets easier. Hang in there!!
Post a Comment