Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Mason!

Six years ago today Mason was born. I am still in shock that he is six years old. It seems like just yesterday that we were embarking on the adventure of parenthood, and here we are with three kids. Mason is such a wonderful child. He is incredibly smart, he is great with his sisters, and he has one of the biggest hearts. I feel truly blessed to be his Mom and I can't wait to see the man he will grow up to be. Here are just a few of the pictures we have taken along the way. I have tons of pictures so I tried to pick just a few.

This picture was taken on Oct. 31 2002 (Sorry for the poor quality we took this with our video camera!) I am still amazed at how big my body gets when pregnant.

This is Mason just a few days old. August of 2003. Doesn't Jodie look a lot like her brother? He loved to stand in the little potty and look out his window.




I loved this costume. He looked so cute.So he never actually wore this outfit anywhere, but I had to dress him up and again he was just darling.Here he is with Ryley. They really love each other and have started to be great friends.He decided to put on every headband in the house. I have video of him sitting there singing, with the headbands on. Ahh Jodie, he loves her too, this day I needed to finish getting everything ready to leave for school so he was trying to get her to go back to sleep. She laid back and sat with him until time to go. She really loves her big brother (she has started calling him bubba or something that sounds like it!)My little football player. He has told me that one day he will play for the Minnesota Vikings, so I guess one day Ryan and I will have to leave Missouri to go be closer to him (oh and the girls will have to move too!). People have always told me that kids grow up too fast, but you don't really understand until you have kids of your own. I am amazed at how fast the time went. When Mason was a baby I held him while he napped and some people said I was spoiling him. I am glad that I chose to listen to the Moms out their who said "Good for you, he will grow up faster than you can imagine." My Mom gave me a plaque for my wall that says "...quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I am rocking my babies and babies don't keep."

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday buddy!

shannon said...

Happy belated birthday Mason!