Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryley!

Four years ago today Ryley made her entrance into the world. Of course she had to come at 4:00 am, she has always liked to get up early! I just said to Ryan how quickly she has went from being the baby to being the big sister and big helper. She loves to help with everything (feeding Jodie, laundry, dishes, etc.). However, she hates cleaning up her toys go figure!?! Ryley is such a wonderful child. She is loving, caring, funny, and sometimes just crazy. She enjoys getting herself dressed so one never knows what she will be wearing, example, pink fuzzy tiara to church (Daddy said no, that it had to stay in the car.) Ryley is our child that makes life interesting and I look forward to our lives with her.
Aunt Erin and Granny thought she needed a swimsuit and matching sunglasses. Maybe this is what started the obsession with accessories!Thanks Kristin for the wonderful hand knit sweater. Jodie just outgrew it so it is being retired to the save it box.
After looking at pictures I remembered that Ryley had the most interesting way of crawling, she would drag one leg and sometimes crawl sideways. It was so funny to watch her. Here she is learning to walk.
Mason wore this costume for his first Halloween so for Ryley's first Halloween I added a bow to the costume and instantly she was a girl lion.

See sunglasses again.
and again Loving her baby sister. I think Ryley misses the days of being able to hold Jodie.
Here she is wearing Grandpa Jones's hat. She and Mason love to climb up on my dresser and wear his hat around.

Ryley is just an amazing child. She is so full of love. Ryley is Mommy's girl one day and Daddy's girl the next. She loves to dress up, but she isn't afraid to get dirty with the boys too. Again, I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful child that I get to raise!

3 comments:

gmacarolyn said...

Aawww.....I get my "grandkid" fix by reading yours and Angela's blogs each morning. Ryley is soooo cute. I'll never forget how she looked at me, listened to me, and clung to me the first time we were at Marc's together. She's a sweetie. Happy Birthday, Ryley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shannon said...

Happy birthday sweet Ryley!

Mimi said...

What a Sweetie. They grow up so fast, don't they? Happy Birthday, Ryley!!!
Great Aunt Mary