Our basement is finished and has been most of the week, but I didn't want to take pictures until I had some of the stuff put down here and organized. We are all so thrilled with our new space. It is wonderful and has allowed us so much more space upstairs. The morning after we moved all the toys down I told Ryan it looked like we had been robbed and all they took were toys! I truly think I am falling in love with my house HA HA HA!
This is Ryan's room. In the corner will be his work bench, but we still have to build it.

This is where his pool table will go eventually.

The extra bedroom that doesn't have a bed yet, but is great for storing stuff right now.

The bathroom.

Here is the big room/toy room. The kids love playing down here and there is no TV so we watch a lot less than we did when we were upstairs. I haven't started organizing all the toys yet...that's next week!



We are well on our way to having our finished basement. This is a picture of the bedroom.

This is the bathroom, it still needs the mirror, light, and outlet covers.

Mason was so excited about the toliet being down here and had to be the first one to pee in it.

This is the kids room. I love the carpet, but it looks brown in this picture...it is actually a dark gray.

Another picture of the big room. I didn't get any pictures of the "man room" because it is messy and not much has changed. We think it will be finished next week. So I will try to post finished pictures later.

This is the "man room". Just showing we have doors, trim, paint, and baseboards. The doors will be painted white.


This is the vinyl that is in the bathroom and in front of the backdoor.

Just another shot of all the work that has been done so far.

Our basement is well on its way to being finished and we couldn't be more excited! Sorry I didn't specify, we are not actually doing the work ourselves. We always thought we would, but it worked out to hire the original builder so we just have to sit back and watch the work get done. When it is finished we are going to refinance the house which will make our house payment much cheaper.
I thought I would share some pictures of the transformation and I will add new ones when more work is complete.
This is Ryan's "man room".

This is the kids space.

Same space just looking the other way.

Here is what it looks like today. This is the kids space. For those of you who have been in our house I am standing by the basement stairs, the sliding door is on the right.

I am standing at the other side of the same room. The door leads upstairs.

This is in the extra bedroom looking out to the big room.

This is the bathroom. Mason was so excited that it was purple, we keep trying to explain that it is just the color of the drywall, and we still have to paint it.

This is Ryan's room. In the spot on the far left will be his workbench/tool area. The place in front of the window will be for his weight bench and eventually a treadmill.

This is the other side of that room. This will be for Ryan's guitar's and amp for now. However, one day I am told it will be where the pool table will go.
4 comments:
Wow! I'm not sure I knew you even had a basement, let alone that you are remodelling it! What an undertaking. Did you hire someone to do it or is Ryan doing it? The kids will love it and you will, too. Good place for them to go when Mommy needs some "alone" time.
That will be so nice for you guys to have all that extra space. Great for the kids to hang out with their friends when they're teenagers! God help you then!!!
There's no space to comment on the new basement pictures, so I'll just do it here. One word comes to mind - AWESOME!!! What a great job those guys did for you. Your house is really becoming a home...... I can tell the kids love it and I'm sure you do, too!
I couldn't figure out where to post a comment for your new basement pics. Love it! That's such a big space for the kids to play and it's always nice to have extra bedrooms and bathrooms.
Post a Comment