Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Funny and Not so Funny!

Sorry no pictures with this blog, just some random things that have happened the last couple of days...

Mason was out of school yesterday and I need something to do to break up the constant fighting and yelling that now occurs all day! So I took the kids swimming for an hour. As I was getting ready to go I was trying on my two swimsuits that I hate, and trying to decide which one looked the least atrocious. Mason comes in the bathroom and states "Mom, I don't think you should go swimming with us!", "Why Mason?", "because your swimsuit is too tight and makes you look kinda fat!" "Thanks son, that was very rude, but thanks for your opinion, if you would like we can all stay home?!?" "I wasn't trying to be mean its just that the top is too tight", "OK Mason get out of the bathroom and shut your mouth!" Yes this is in fact the exact conversation I had with my son yesterday. Then I called Ryan to complain that Mason did have a point and that he needed to have a long talk with him about being polite! Oh the joys of honesty!

So this morning before school I was going through Mason's backpack and getting it ready for today. I came across a piece of paper that had two lines of words (a sound and o sound). Half way down the a column was DAM, which spelled this way is OK, however, I know my son and know that he doesn't realize a difference in DAM and DAMN. So I ask him to say the word allowed, but he conveniently forgot this word. After some questioning and talking he decided that if he put a "p" on the end then it would make the word damp and everything would be fine. I explained that this was not OK and I better not see this word on his paper again. To which he replied "OK Mom" and ran off to fight with his sister.

3 comments:

Angela Heather Hammond said...

Okay, Stacey. We are completely on the same wavelength lately. My blog coming out tomorrow is titled "Funny Things," and it's just a bunch of random things that I laughed at in the past week. I SWEAR I am not copying you. I would change it but it's already written and I'm off to bed!

Later,
Angela

gmacarolyn said...

OMG - brings back such sweet memories. Our rule was that the kids weren't allowed to say "hate", "stupid" or "shut up". One day Craig got so mad at Marc that he shouted, "Shut up, stupid - I hate you!!!" Guess he figured if he was going to get consequences, he'd better make it good!! G'ma Beth used to make us girls rub noses when we were mad at each other. Pretty soon, we'd be laughing and it would be all over. I suppose what I'm saying is that you are going through the normal everyday stuff that happens when you have more than one kid. Doesn't make it any easier though. Aaahhhhh.....sweet memories.

Stephanie said...

Being told you're fat (which everyone knows you ARE NOT) and having your son writing profanity on his homework all in one day! What glamorous and wonderful lives we moms live! Ha!