Friday, November 20, 2009

Ryley turns 5!

Ryley turned 5 on Thursday! Again I can't believe how quickly time passes. Her birthday started when we went to the lake to deer hunt. She opened presents at Grandma and Papa Silverwoods and Granny and Papa Pittmans. She loves all her new toys and clothes. Wednesday she had a shopping trip with Granny. They went to Target, Payless, Toys R Us, and Applebees for lunch. She had a great time and used all her money!
Thursday morning she opened her presents from us, had lunch with Ryan (and me and Jodie), and had spaghetti for dinner. The only problem the whole day was she had a substitute teacher at school and cried when I left her. The teacher told me she cried for 30-45 min! Ugh, I felt like a really bad mom, but Ryan and I took her to lunch so that helped erase the bad part of the day!
We bought her a Dora doll (her name is Naiya, very cute and not dressed like a hooker!), a play dough ice cream maker, and a Tinkerbell activity book. We also bought pictures and things for her room.
She wanted me to stop taking pictures and let her open her presents!
What birthday would be complete without a pink princess castle cake? We had to eat cake before dinner! Ryley takes after me!
Luckily Ryan took some great shots of the cake before the purple "turrets" fell. Lets just say Ace of Cakes will not be offering me a job anytime soon!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Cute cute cute! Love the cake! Happy birthday Ryley!!

KPiep said...

A very happy birthday to Ryley!

Stephanie said...

Hey, I happen to be very impressed with the cake. Very cute. I can't believe that Ryley is 5 either! How funny that she got a day of shopping and lunch out. What more could a girl want?