Monday, June 22, 2009

Oh Jodie!

Daily I say the phrase "Oh Jodie!" or "Get down Jodie!", or "What are you doing silly girl?" and I remember all too clear saying these same things to Mason just a few years ago. Ryley was our quiet one (although she isn't that quiet either!) so I forgot how challenging some children can be. However, Jodie is quickly reminding me. Everyday is an adventure with children sometimes its great fun and other days it is pull your hair out scream and cry fun! Either way at the end of the day when everyone is asleep all is right with the world and I thank God for each of the precious gifts he has given me! So this post is dedicated to Jodie and all her craziness!

Sitting in the dog crate. This is the small crate we borrowed, but the dog we brought home is too big for it so Jodie likes to play in it. (More on the dog in another post). She even likes to shut herself in it. Now that we have a bigger crate she also gets in that one, and if Cowboy (the dog) is lucky she will let him in too. Luckily he is very loving and tolerant and doesn't seem to mind the 18 month old telling him what to do.
Jodie loves to color. She colors the paper, the table, her mouth, her arms, and if Ryley is around they will color each other.
This is her latest work of art. Luckily this is our old table that we have deemed the kids art table.
The last time I took Ryley to her dance class Ryan took this picture. Apparently Jodie was very sleepy! Poor baby.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Love that last picture of her asleep on the horse, priceless!
And a DOG????

gmacarolyn said...

Ryan's haircut is fantabulous!!! Oh my gosh, Ryan is so handsome without all that hair!He looks so much like our dad when his hair is short. Great memories, great haircut........and oh yeah, that little girl in the pictures is adorable!!!!!

Stephanie said...

That pic of Jodie sleeping is so precious. By the way, I figured out the hard way that those Color Wonder markers (that only color on the special corresponding paper) are the only way to go with the boys!