Saturday, April 25, 2009

Goodbye Tooth

One year ago our dentist told us that he felt "movement" in Mason's front teeth so he would probably lose one in a couple of months. Mason was so excited and hoped he would lose one quickly. Well he didn't. So a couple of weeks ago Mason announced that his front tooth was loose and I said uh huh, and after he made me feel it I realized that it was in fact loose. So again he was very excited and happy that his tooth was going to fall out soon. He wiggled that tooth and wiggled that tooth but it did not want to come out. So Wednesday night Mason didn't want to go to bed so he was messing with his tooth, and running out to show me, then he heard it pop and again came running out. This time his tooth could move tons, but it still did not come out so I sent him back to bed and told him we would get it out before school. When I went to check on him he had fell asleep wiggling that tooth. The next morning I told him to get a dry wash cloth and pull on his tooth and it came right out. He was so excited and started working on the tooth next to it. He is hoping to have all four front teeth come out at the same time.

Here is the note he wrote the tooth fairy it says, "Dear Tooth Fairy, I would like to keep my tooth please. Thank you, Mason" He was so scared that the tooth fairy would take his tooth he wanted to hide it in our room. I told him the tooth fairy would not take his tooth if he didn't want him to have it. Guess what the tooth fairy didn't take his tooth but did take his note and left him $1. Here is our boy all grown up. Sorry for the gross picture, Ryan took it and Mason thought it was cool.

Just had to put this picture up because I thought it was so cute.


3 comments:

gmacarolyn said...

Awww....it's so much fun to see a kid's toothless smile. They get so excited about loosing a tooth, but usually it's because the tooth fairy is going to leave money!! I've never heard of a kid wanting to keep his tooth, though. That's funny! The picture of Jodie is adorable - the kitty must really like her....and I'm guessin' she loves the kitty, too.

KPiep said...

Congrats on the first tooth! Gillian would love to have one of her own - and is very jealous of her friends - but so far, nothing.

Tigger looks quite happy!

nick_hill said...

Thats hilarious that Mason wanted to keep his tooth and wrote the tooth fairy a note.

P.S. --Did you buy a bobcat? That thing is ginormous?