Saturday, January 24, 2009

Funny Stuff

Who are these crazy people?? For those of you who do not own a Wii I will explain. On the Wii you can create your Mii. Everyone at our house has a Mii and we have created a few extra family members so we could have a full baseball team. The kids love to mess with their Miis. Ryley has made herself blond, Mason has made himself really tall and skinny. However, I have to say that these are the funniest creations yet. Ryley is in the brown with the beard and mustache. Ryan is in the orange with the grey Afro (think Bob Ross) and Mason is the brown fellow with the red glasses and blond hair. So funny!I was so pleased this week to have one really warm day. It really helps my mind to be able to chase the kids around the yard. The girls and I went outside, but Jodie's new shoes kept falling off. She would take one step and then the stupid things would fall right off. So we had to go get her a smaller pair. They look so tiny, but they fit. So when we were at Target she was throwing a fit because she didn't want to try them on, but after I put them on and let her walk around she was fine. Then I tried to take them off to pay for them and she threw a fit again. She now loves her new shoes and if they are down she will carry them around, or ask to have them on. So funny. She also really likes to stomp on the kitchen floor. She will stomp around the kitchen and laugh at herself. This is Jodie's horse that she got for Christmas. She loves this horse, and bounces on it all the time. She has recently discovered that she could stand up and then she decided that wasn't scary enough so she now stands up on one leg. It terrifies me.When the weather started to get cold this fall Ryley hated hats and refused to wear one. So I took her to Target and found one that had the Disney Princesses on it thinking this would help entice her to wear it. We brought the hat home and I washed it (I wash everything before the kids wear it...I am neurotic!!). Unfortunately the princesses fell off in the washer. So she was not real thrilled to wear her new hat. Fast forward to last week... Ryley will not take her hat off. She puts in on when we take Mason to school and doesn't take it off until nap time. She says her ears are cold, but I think she doesn't like when her hair has static and the hat keeps it from flying everywhere.
Mason is all healed!! He has his follow up appointment and everything is great! He also had a wonderful week at school with no tears at all. Look how big his hands have gotten. We are thinking he is going through a growth spurt. He has been eating everything, for example, for breakfast he ate four eggs, a yogurt, and an apple. I am scared for the teenage years~

5 comments:

gmacarolyn said...

It's so good to hear that Mason is all better! Things like that terrify me - I always wanted ME to be sick, NOT my kids. Such a bunch of cutie patooties you have. Riley is changing so quickly. And Jodie is keeping right up there with her. Love reading your blog!

gmacarolyn said...

I just looked at the blog I wrote - I'm so sorry for having spelled Ryley's name incorrectly. She'll forgive me, don't you think?

Stephanie said...

I'm glad Mason is good to go now. Ryley is such a girlie girl, huh? The girls are both so pretty. I want a girl too! Ryan's going to have to break out the guns when the girls start dating, that's for sure.

nick_hill said...

Stacey, Growth spurts are crazy. We recently started letting Eastan come home after school and stay at home by himself until we get home from work. He baked an entire package of those jumbo cinnamon rolls we had in the refrigerator. I got home and told him that he cant use the oven when we are gone, then asked where the left over cinnamon rolls were. He ate all 8 of them in less then 1 1/2 hours. What the?

Angela Heather Hammond said...

Love the new background! Glad you have so many new and funny things going on in your life. Kids are so quirky and fun.

Take care,
Angela