Friday, January 16, 2009

New Shoes, Sisters, and Wii Crazy

Update on us...These past two weeks have been crazy. Jodie is teething, and officially weaned! Ryley went to gymnastics and ran around the gym with her friends. Mason had a rough week back to school, but a better week this week. Here are a few pictures I have taken.

Ryley is Jodie's new best friend...she feeds her Goldfish crackers! Ryley loved running around the gym, jumping into the block pit, and jumping on the big trampoline. We may put her in gymnastics next year, but for now we will just take her on the "fun days".
Jodie found my measuring tape and it kept her entertained for quite awhile.
New shoes. On the one great day last week I took the girls outside to play and Jodie loved being down and running through the yard. So I decided it was time for a pair of shoes (only to wear if she will be walking outside). She is not real fond of them, but I really want her to wear them if she is going to be walking outside, so I keep trying to "practice" with her.
This is what she does, sits down and takes them off. I can't blame her I am not that fond of shoes either.
Ah the Wii...We thought this would be a great game for the family and we were right. For those of you who do not have a Wii they are tons of fun, but terribly addicting. We have set time limits for the kids, but it seems that someone is always playing at our house.

6 comments:

gmacarolyn said...

Aww.....Jodie is after my own heart. I HATE shoes. They are the first things that come off as soon as I step in the door. I am the reason that Payton hates shoes. God just didn't mean for us to have to cram our tootsies into something so confining as a shoe! Your pictures are really good. You didn't say why Mason had a bad week at school - is it the surgery thing that's still hurting him? Bless his heart. Things can be tough for little kids. Wish Sara had a blog - then we could see how much baby Regan is changing. I wish I was able to go to Camdenton, but I'm not ..... yet! I want to see the newest Silverwood addition. Have a great weekend. Vote for Marc for Columbia School Board!!

The Silverwood Family said...

Mason had a bad week back at school because he had been off for two weeks and didn't want to go back. He cried three of the five days, but like I said he did great this week. Hopefully he is getting back in the swing of things. He should get the "all clear" next thursday for his surgery.

gmacarolyn said...

We forget that he's not in the sixth grade and all grown up. He gets to have his "bad days", just like the rest of us. Glad to hear it wasn't the surgery. I read my previous comment and it seems I was just prattling along...... guess that's OK. You guys have a wonderful weekend. I haven't been out all week - been puny - but I feel good today and it's supposed to be warmer, so I'm headed for Springfield to pick up some things I'm out of and go to the book store.

gmacarolyn said...

BTW - thanks for all the compliments you give me when I comment on different blogs. I so enjoy reading about everyone and looking at the pics of all the kids. Makes my day!

KPiep said...

We had a rough first week back too - to the point that the teacher and I were discussing early pick-up options with Gillian. We won't have to do it, but it did help her to know we were talking and wanted her to be happy.

Congrats on weaning! I am super proud of you for doing so well for so long because I KNOW how tough it was! You are a fantastic mom!

Jessica said...

Cute kids, so she is all weened, eh? how you doing? hope it all went well, see you tomorrow!