Thursday, January 21, 2010

Never a dull moment!

So I think it is safe to say that there is never a dull moment in our home....ever! I wish for just one dull day where everyone is healthy, happy, and well rested. So here is a quick recap of the last couple weeks. We have been battling some kind of sickness. Still not sure what we have had, but at least one person in our family has not slept well, threw up, or had other issues every day for 2 weeks. This includes the dog who has also been sick twice! We have been sicker this winter than we have ever been, and I want it to go away! Ryley is no longer going to preschool, but has started gymnastics one day a week and she loves it! She would like to go everyday, but that is just not in the budget! There was a lock down at Mason's school the other day, scared us silly. He was mostly unaffected, just mad that he had to miss recess. The reason for the lock down, a shooting just a block or so from his school. This just reaffirms my decision to home school! Jodie now has a bald spot on the top of her head (see reason and picture below). Ryan and I were finally able to get our tattoos and we love them. So I think this gives a short concise of what has been going on around here. Hope everyone else is doing well!
This is Ryley's new leotard. She wears it everyday, and puts Jodie in her swimsuit so she won't feel left out. They do "gymnastics" together at home all day long.
The kids new favorite game is to play "married". Mason and Ryley get married and then play. One day he is a football player and she is a cheerleader, one day they are a Mom and Dad, and the best yet was when they were Aunt Erin and Uncle Tommy. Mason was fixing cars, and Ryley was working in the office answering the phone. Plus, when they weren't working they were hunting deer. So funny! Here they are getting ready to go hunting for bear, even Jodie had a gun.
Mason has cars that the wheels turn very fast on, and he has been told never to put them near any ones hair, but I guess he forgot. So here is the bald spot. Ugh, my girls will never have pretty hair! The only good thing is she has enough hair that I can cover it up.
Here they are... are newest tattoos. This is Ryan's, it is on the back of his left leg. It took a little more that 1 1/2 hours. The best part about this one was me shaving his leg with a little pink daisy razor ;) Mason thought that was very funny!
This is mine. I love it. It took 1 hour and was the least painful tattoo I have ever gotten (I didn't even say one curse word!!!) It is on the inside of my left leg, by my ankle. The colors are our birthstone colors, it is perfect!
So what is it about tattoos? Once you get one you really want another one! Ryan and I both are planning our next ones just one day after getting these, I guess its just another way to express oneself.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cool tattoos! I really like both of them and that's neat that you have the family birthstone colors inside your cross. Yes, Tim has been wanting another tattoo for awhile, but can't decide on what to get. Decisions, decisions. Okay, I have to look at your other posts now since I haven't looked at any of them since before Xmas!!!

Angela Heather Hammond said...

Sorry to hear you have been sick. We went through that as well and now Link's tube surgery is coming up... Yes, Josh and I are planning our first tatoos in celebration also of our ten year anniversary. When we couldn't go on a trip, we decided on tatoos. We currently are not able to afford tatoos so maybe they will be magical, "if onlys in our mind..." But I am starting to plan mine and implement design. So, that's one step closer eh?

Jessica said...

That patch of hair out of Jody...oh my that must have hurt!! Sounds like all of your kids play so cute together!! our kids miss playing with them!