Monday, August 3, 2009

Grant's Farm and Camping

Friday Ryan took the day off so we could go to the zoo. However, the zoo was packed so we decided to go to Grant's Farm instead. After getting lost thanks to my amazing map reading skills, we finally headed in the right direction and made it to the farm.
Mason and Ryley fed the goats.

Jodie liked all the animals, but she kept calling them all puppies.
So now you all know another use for the Happy Meal box.
It makes a great hat!
Saturday night we decided to set up our tent and camp in the backyard.
Our tent is huge!! We all slept outside, but Jodie had had enough by 2:00 am so I took her inside. Then there was some commotion outside (some intoxicated people who were lost!) and the big kids and Ryan came in about 4:30 am.

5 comments:

Amber Francis said...

I've been wanting to try camping in the backyard! Even though you didn't make it through the night, I'm sure the kids loved it while it lasted!

Jessica said...

what a fun weekend!! you are all good sports, to even take your dog "camping" - that is impressive!!

Mimi said...

We use to camp out when I was a little girl. My sisters and I would put blankets over the clothesline and sleep on blankets on the ground under the clothesline. All the blankets were wet by morning. The tent looks like much more fun!!

gmacarolyn said...

It's funny Mary would mention our camping adventures, because I was thinking the same thing when I read your post, Stacy. Now. Let me get this straight. You all slept outside? Do you mean outside the tent? Then you all went inside the tent? Oh I am so confused......... At any rate, it looks like fun and I know you enjoyed what little sleep you got. Good for you to take your kids and do memory-making stuff!

The Silverwood Family said...

Sorry Aunt Carolyn for confusing you...We slept inside the tent until 2:00 am when I took Jodie inside. Then Ryan and the older kids came in at 4:30 because of the rukus from some very intoxicated people! But yes it was very fun and hopefully we will be able to "camp" again really soon!