Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School!

This week was the first week of school for us. Ryley was so excited to be going to preschool. She didn't cry just like she said. When we picked her up she said she had a great time and couldn't wait to go back. However, later in the evening the anxiety/stress got the better of her and she had a good 30 min. cry. All I could do was hold her and smile, because the harder she cried the harder Jodie cried too. At one point I am holding Ryley in one hand, Jodie in the other, and the dog has his head on my shoulder totally confused as to why everyone is crying. All the while the boys are in Mason's room discussing why he hates school. Oh the joys of change!
Mason's first day of school was fine too. He was excited and nervous, but didn't cry this year. However, he has decided he never wants to go back again. He says the kids are stupid because they won't listen to the teacher. I have basically had to drag him out of the car every day because he doesn't want to go. Plus, his backpack broke so we had to get a new one. That's what I get for buying a $5 backpack.


This was taken after football practice.



Jodie "walking" the dog. She loves her dog.





2 comments:

gmacarolyn said...

Isn't it amazing how different each one of your children can be? I never cease to be amazed at how each one reacts so differently to situations. Poor Riley. I wonder why she had a melt down after school, instead of before? And I can just hear Mason muttering under his breath about the kids who won't listen. Sweet, sweet kids.

Stephanie said...

Poor guys! I can remember crying and being sick to my stomach when I first started school. I think it's pretty normal. Doesn't Mason have some friends in his class from last year that he's excited to be with everyday?