Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Whole 30 again


This!  All of this!  Whole 30 is not a fat free, low fat, diet.  It is a way to figure out exactly what different foods are doing to your body.  I don't know if you all know this but you only get one body and one life to live.  We spend a large amount of time eating so it makes sense to know how the food we are consuming is affecting us.  I have done Whole 30 multiple times.  The first time is when I figured out that gluten was the source of my massive weight loss; sugar was the source of my body aches, mood swings, and foggy brain; and dairy was causing bloating and rashes.  I made the changes and felt pretty good for quite a long time.  But like everyone I slipped back into some of the old habits (paleo sweets, gluten free goodies, ice cream, etc).  I woke up one day and realized that I had to get back to basics so I could feel good.  So I started my second whole 30.  During the 2nd one our family experienced stress like we haven't ever felt.  So I didn't complete my 2nd whole 30 but I know that if I hadn't been on whole 30 the stress would have been much worse for my body.  When the dust settled some from the unexpected family crisis, I decided that I owed it to myself and my family to get as healthy as possible because honestly life is unpredictable and while I can't control everything about my health I can do my best to eat better, exercise, limit my stress, and sleep more.  So my 3rd whole 30 started May 25th.  I am happy to say I completed this one and felt amazing!  I remembered how good my body could feel and I was excited.  Then the sugar cravings hit and I ate ice cream.....as I sit here and type I am covered in a rash, bloated, in pain, and exhausted!  All from ice cream (which by the way was sooooooooo not worth it!).  So my 4th whole 30 will start July 1st.  However, this one is going to be a bit different; Ryan is going to join me, and my big sister Brandi is also going to join me!  I am so excited for both of them.  Ryan did the first one with me and felt amazing so I am excited to watch him feel amazing again.  My sister has some health issues and I am so excited for her to feel her very best!  Both are going to have to put in some effort to avoid temptations and junk but I have promised them that it is going to be so very worth it!  If you are reading this and are interested let me know!  I would love to help you feel your best too.  No strings attached, no gimicks, and nothing to buy other than quality food.


No comments: