Sunday, September 14, 2008

Football

Football is life here at the Silverwood house (must be genetic HA HA). Mason has wanted to play football since he was able to walk, and swears he will play for the Vikings one day (hopefully he will remember his Mom and Dad!). Ryan found out that they have little kids football here so he is coaching Mason's team. They are the Chiefs, they play 5 on 5, and they play once a week. Ryan really loves coaching the kids, Mason loves playing (especially the running), and we girls love watching them. The only thing that Ryan hates is there is a soccer goal on our football field and you all know his feelings on soccer.

Here are the pictures of practice. Mason is playing quaterback and giving a handoff. He likes playing quaterback but I think he prefers to run with the ball.
Mason playing center.
Here is Mason getting ready to run. Running is his favorite part of football (besides making touchdowns and pulling flags.)

This is our first game which was last Tuesday. Mason scored his first touchdown. I was so proud, but of course I didn't have the camera ready to take the picture ugh!
I think he is running to get someone's flag here.
Taking a water break.
The kids really like Coach Ryan and Coach Rob. Plus they are all really excited about playing football.

Here are the cheerleaders. I bring a blanket to sit on, but the girls rarely stay on it.

Ryley enjoys going to the games, peeing in the port-a-potty, and eating snacks (not in that order). I don't really know what is so interesting about the port-a-potty, but she loves using them. Last week she said she had to go potty right when we pulled up. SoI told her I would wait at the door and she could go by herself, she went in, locked the door, and started screaming. Of course Ryan is worried that something is terribly wrong (like she fell in), so he gets her calmed down and tells her to unlock the door. She finally does, and comes out crying and dancing around. So we ask her what the problem is and she says there is a big spider. Turns out there is a grand daddy long leg by the toilet paper. I asked if she went potty and she says "no", so I tell her I will go with her so she can go, and she says she doesn't have to potty. So I ask why she went into the port-a-potty in the first place and she says "I just wanted to look around". What?!? That's Ryley!

Jodie's serious look. She took her hat off and she knew that I was coming after her to put it back on.

Ryley and Jodie going to the end zone. Ryley decided not to run off and leave her behind this time.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yep, Mason is definitely a Silverwood. I bet Ryan has a blast coaching. That's funny about Ryley and the port-a-potty. A little gross too!

shannon said...

Football in the Silverwood house? Surely not! ha ha