The first day of Kindergarten... Sunday night it hit me that my baby was going to have to leave me and go to school on Thursday. I cried and cried worrying about all those things that could happen (what if he got nervous, or wet his pants, or didn't eat his lunch, or didn't play at recess). So when Thursday came I was quite worried that I wouldn't be able to keep it together to get him off to school. Ryan took the entire day off so that he could come for the drop off and the pick up. Thursday morning it was raining and raining so Ryan stayed in the van with the girls and Mason and I went into the school. I was prepared for him to have tears, or be really upset, however, he was fine. A little nervous but overall he did great. He gave me one big hug when his teacher came and then he was off. I didn't cry at all because he was so excited to be going to school. Isn't it amazing that our children can keep us calm, by just being excited! Ryan was upset having to leave him, because he has never really had to leave him at school before. We went to get him after school and he said he had a great day. He loved it and was excited about going back. We all went to get ice cream and the day turned out great.
Here he is showing his big muscles before we left.
This is him in his line getting ready to leave for his classroom. He was so excited!So the first day went great and the second day he almost broke my heart. I walked him to the playground and he tried to run off without giving me a hug, luckily he came back and gave me a quick hug, and kissed his sisters. He then ran off to the playground to find his friends and he didn't look back. UGH! I am so happy that he is adjusting to school so great, but I find myself having a hard time letting go. Ah the joys of being a parent! The only time you can see your heart walking around outside your body.
3 comments:
I almost cried reading about Mason's first day! I totally get what you mean when you said you can see your heart walking around outside of your body. I've felt like that ever since Phoenix was born. Phoenix is still 2 years away from kindergarten, but I'm already dreading it. Anyway, I'm glad Mason had a good first day!
"Your heart walking around outside your body." So very true. I can't imagine how it feels to send your baby off to school and I don't want to ever have to feel it (I think I'll have to homeschool! Just kidding!)You are really lucky that he loves it so much though. Try to remember that when you're feeling sad.
Congratulations Mom! I know how long you've been worrying and fussing about this day, and so I am very proud of you and your entire family!
Post a Comment