Thursday, September 2, 2010

School has started.

School has started and is going quite well! We are enjoying the time together (most of it anyways), and the kids seem to be adjusting very well. Once in awhile I hear "I want to go back to Public School", or "I miss my friends", but that is short lived. Since Mason sees friends on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sundays and Ryley sees some of her friends on Mondays, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Plus we play with the neighbors every chance we get.

Here are a couple of the things we have been doing. These pictures are our Shel Silverstein pictures. We are doing an author study on him and tried to imitate his drawings. The first set is Ryley's.The tree is mine.
This set is Mason's and they come from the book The Missing Piece (one of our favorites!).
This is music class. Last week we decided to use our drums to keep a steady beat. The kids did great with this activity and loved playing their drums very very loud!!!!
After drumming the kids wanted to play all the instruments that we have. Jodie loved playing her little piano (I think it is about time for a big one.).

So overall school is going great. I am learning as I go along and hopefully the kids are learning and enjoying this journey!!!!!

2 comments:

granny said...

Very good drawings. I love it that you can go to class barefoot!! Wish I could do that at work:) Love to see all the pictures.

Love,
Granny

Jessica said...

Glad school is going well,you have some good artists!